Skeena River - Steelhead Dreams
Fly Fisher, Guide, Fly Tier★ ★ ★ ★
Gill Mckean has been guiding on the world-famous Skeena River for more than 25 years. He’s guided a client to massive steelhead estimated at 34 pounds and has personally landed many in the 30-pound range. Join us to learn from Gill about this incredible fishery and of course how to land that steelhead of a lifetime.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What is the best time of year to fish for steelhead?
- Are there other streams and rivers to fish in the area?
- What species are available besides steelhead?
- What style of flies do you prefer?
- Is the spey rod the most commonly used rod on the Skeena?
- What type of line do you use and what types of tips do you use?
- What's the difference between Skagit and Scandi heads?
- What is the most productive depth for getting strikes?
- What triggers the fish to strike?
- What is the secret to hooking up with a trophy steelhead?
Learn more about Gill Mckean...