Mammoth Lakes Fly Fishing
Fly Fisher, Guide, Instructor★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Chris Leonard has been guiding and teaching fly fishing in the Mammoth Lakes, California area since 2005. Mammoth Lakes is well known for its ski area but it also hosts some great fisheries. Hot Creek, the Owens River, the San Joaquin River, Rock Creek, Rush Creek and Crowley Lake are some of Chris's favorites. Listen in and learn about these eastern Sierra fisheries and how to best fish these waters.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- When is the best time of year to fish the Mammoth Lakes rivers, creeks and lakes?
- What is the difference between fishing the Upper and Lower Owens River?
- What river has Golden Trout in it?
- What makes Hot Creek so special?
- Is Tenkara a good system to use on these fisheries?
- What river is known for its hopper fishing?
- What river can you get a grand slam on?
- What's the best way to find fish in Crowley Lake?
- Can you fish Crowley Lake from a float tube?
- What flies work best on these waters?
Learn more about Chris Leonard...