Fisheries Conservation Now And In The Future
Fly Fisher, Biologist, Conservationist★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Dr. Peter Moyle was recognized by Fly Fisherman Magazine as the 2020 Conservationist of the Year for his lifetime of conservation work in California and in watersheds across the West. Peter's forward-thinking and get it done attitude has saved and restored fisheries across California including McCloud River, Putah Creek, the San Joaquin River and the Klamath River. Listen in to find out how Peter identifies and works through the issues associated with saving and restoring these fine fisheries.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How were you able to preserve the McCloud river for future generations?
- How did you bring Putah Creek back to life?
- What are the challenges now that Putah Creek has been restored?
- What has been done to encourage Stripers and Salmon to run up the San Joaquin River?
- What is the status of the Smelt in the Delta estuaries?
- What key action was taken to preserve the Klamath River?
- How can conservation groups attract younger members?
- What problems do you face when dams come down?
Learn more about Peter Moyle...