Fly Fisher/Guide/Fly Tier
Anthony found a passion for fly fishing at a young age. Following that passion to the foothills of gold country and beyond to the vast tundras of Alaska and finally back home to Northern California, where he has turned his passion into a career. Growing up in competitive sports and being a former collegiate athlete, his drive to persevere and always find his clients fish is apparent on the water. A natural leader, Anthony has put together a group of like minded guides with superior work ethics that want nothing more than to see their clients have a great time and be successful on the water.
Listen to Anthony Carruesco's Show...
Rivers of Northern California
Anthony Carruesco, a professional guide in northern California, guides on the Lower and Upper Sacramento, the Klamath, Pit and McCloud rivers. These beautiful waters produce rainbows, browns and pacific steelhead. Whether you float or wade, want to fish nymphs, dries or streamers, you'll be right at home. Listen in and learn all about these rivers and how to hook up with what some people consider California's gold.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- When is the best time of year to fish northern California rivers?
- What rivers are the best for wade fishing?
- What is the difference between fishing the Upper and Lower Sacramento River?
- How do you rig up to nymph deep rivers?
- What suspension device was developed to fish these rivers?
- What river is considered the premier trout fishery in California?
- What river has the best stonefly hatches?
- What river has the best steelhead fishing?
- Where do you fish for rainbows and char?
- What are the most prolific hatches on these rivers?
His confidence and positive demeanor is infectious, and a trip with him is certain to make for some of his clients most memorable vacations. When he is not guiding you’ll find him chasing the white ball on manicured fairways or chasing anadromous fish on the coastline.