New Mexico's Trout Waters
Fly Fisher, Guide, Fly Tier★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Spencer Seim has been guiding in northern New Mexico since 1995 and calls the Cimarron River, Rio Grande, Costilla Creek, and Ute Creek his home waters. Listen in to hear where and when to come to this picture perfect area and find out how to best fish these mountain waters.
Questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What are the top three most scenic and productive trout streams in northern New Mexico?
- What is the best time of year to fish northern New Mexico?
- Where can you catch the native Rio Grande Cutthroat trout?
- What is Rio Costilla Creek best known for?
- What is the special hatch that occurs on the Cimmarron River?
- What river has an incredible trico hatch?
- What river is known for its awesome dry fly fishing?
- What is Spencer's connection to the book "The Feather Thief"?
Learn more about Spencer Seim...