Ohio Women on the Fly
Katie Johnstone★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Katie started fly fishing just five years ago. Her passion for the sport has been insatiable. Katie’s journey from newbie fly fisher, to local TU Chapter board member, to the founder of Ohio Women on the Fly and now a professional guide has been fast and furious. Join us to hear how Katie’s journey took place and the challenges she faced as a woman in the fly fishing industry.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How were you introduced to fly fishing?
- Did you grow fishing?
- Did you have any preconceived ideas about fly fishing?
- Where did you get you first fly fishing gear?
- How did you learn your fly fishing skills?
- Did you have a mentor?
- Did you join any groups or clubs?
- How did Ohio Women on the Fly get started?
- What type of events does your group sponsor?
- What recommendations do you have for women thinking about trying fly fishing?
- How did you get your job at Mad River Outfitters?
- How did you learn how to guide?
- Where do you guide?
- What's next on your journey as a fly fisher?
Learn more about Katie Johnstone...