Fly Fisher, Guide, Writer
Captain Debbie Hanson is an award-winning outdoor writer and freshwater guide living in Estero, Florida. Her passion for the outdoors was ignited at a young age due to her experiences fishing on the lakes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with her grandfather.
Debbie’s articles, covering both freshwater and saltwater fishing techniques, have appeared in publications such as Florida Game & Fish Magazine, BoatUS Magazine, USA Today Hunt & Fish Magazine, and Gulfshore Life Magazine. She is also a weekly contract blogger and content-producer for TakeMeFishing.org.
Listen to Debbie Hanson's Show...
Fly Fishing Florida’s Largemouth Bass
Debbie Hanson, a professional guide in southwest Florida, specialized in getting her clients hooked up with Florida’s strain of largemouth bass. These bass are different than the strains in the north and many consider them the monsters of largemouth bass. Listen in to learn about these bass and how to hook up with what may be your trophy bass of a lifetime.
- What makes the Florida strain of largemouth bass different?
- What is the best place to fish for trophies in Florida?
- Does the Florida strain exist in other states?
- What are the factors that contribute to the growth of trophy-sized bass?
- Where do you look for the larger bass?
- What are the most effective flies to use for largemouth bass?
- How deep do you fish?
- What's the best time of day to fish?
- What fly did you catch your trophy largemouth on?
When Debbie isn’t writing or guiding clients on the lakes and canals of Southwest Florida, she can be found educating and encouraging newcomers to the sport. For more information about Debbie, visit Shefishes2.com or follow her on Instagram @shefishes2.