Fly Fisher, Guide, Fly Tyer
Blake Jackson is a co-owner and operator of the Ugly Bug Fly Shop and Crazy Rainbow Fly Fishing based out of Casper Wyoming. Proudly, the Ugly Bug Fly shop was awarded the 2014 Orvis Outfitter of the Year and is now a finalist for the Outfitter of the Year Award again for 2021. Unbeknownst to many, Blake spends countless nights in the Ugly Bug Fly Shop creating a unique experience for all his current and future clients. His dedication to the sport of fly fishing and his ability to share it with others is unparalleled.
Listen to Blake Jackson's Show...
Fly Fishing Central Wyoming
Blake Jackson, a professional guide from Casper, Wyoming, specializes in guiding his clients to Wyoming’s great fisheries, like the Miracle Mile, Grey Reef, Fremont Canyon, and local lakes. Whether it's trophy trout or spooky carp Blake knows where to go and how to get hooked up. Join us to learn about these incredible fisheries and how to fish them.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What are the four major sections of the North Platte River?
- Is the area around Saratoga worth fishing?
- How did the Miracle Mile get its name?
- What spawn occurs on the Miracle Mile that brings up the big fish?
- What flies work best on the Miracle Mile?
- What section is fished most often in Fremont Canyon?
- What epic dry fly hatch is Fremont Canyon known for?
- What sections of Grey Reef are the most productive?
- What flies work best on Grey Reef and why?
- What strategies do you use to fish Grey Reef?
- What is the most common mistake most fly fishers make when fishing Grey Reef?
- Why has carp fishing in Wyoming exploded?
- Where is the best place to fish for carp in Wyoming?
Blake enjoys guiding Wyoming’s great fisheries, like the Miracle Mile, Grey Reef, Fremont Canyon, and local lakes. Often, he is spotted pulling his flats boat around the local reservoirs chasing carp. He has presented at multiple sports shows including The Great American Outdoor Show, ISE, the Fly-Fishing Show, and he enjoys presenting to local fly-fishing groups about destinations, fly tying and his love for Wyoming fishing. He has been featured on multiple tv shows airing on the Outdoor Channel, The World Fishing Network, Pursuit, PBS and others. Blake maintains close and lasting relationships with veteran groups and youths in our community. He selflessly makes time to volunteer each season, so that those who really need it, may enjoy a sport that may not otherwise be available to them.
As a pro staff member of Ross Reels, R.L. Winston Fly Rods, Scientific Anglers, an Orvis Endorsed Guide, a Simms Pro Ambassador, and commercial fly tyer, Blake is well versed in every corner of the sport. He kind of does it all and with a heart of a teacher, Blake has a special gift for sharing and coaching all things fly fishing.