Skagit Master Featuring Ed Ward
The idea for this DVD hatched in 2000 in a red Russian Arctic Army tent on the banks of a remote Kamchatkan steelhead river over a bottle of scotch, a pile of fly tying materials and a relentlessly smoking woodstove…during a five-day snow storm.
* Step by step grass casting sequences demonstrating the various Skagit Poke casts, Skagit Double and C-Spey.
* Real world application of Skagit Casting in actual fishing situations.
* Ed Ward tying an Intruder with Co-designer, Jerry French.
* Skagit Casting with Switch rods for trout and other species.
* Line Splicing techniques
* Special guest appearance by steelhead guides Scott Howell, Mike McCune, Scott O'Donnell and Jeff Hickman.
* Special Bonus Features section.
Filmed on Sauk, Skagit, Grande Rhonde and Kanektok Rivers.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Ed Ward has many nicknames. Zen Master. Laser Jedi Knight. Obi Wan. The Skagit Guru. To all he humbly says, “Hey, I’m just a guy who likes to fish”. Yeah right. From the remote steelhead rivers of Kamchatka, to his home water on the Skagit and beyond, Ed goes fishing and draws on-lookers in the process. Ed’s reputation as an innovative steelheader and fly tier is global. He has advised rod and line manufacturers in the development products designed to compliment Skagit Casting and make steelhead fishing with a two handed rod, the most efficient, effective and pleasurable experience possible. Skagit Master---Featuring Ed Ward finally presents Skagit Casting Ed’s way.
Jeff Mishler directed national television commercials for twelve years while maintaining his addiction to steelhead fishing. Four seasons in Kamchatka and running a guide business took a toll on the life and times of the veteran film director. In 2004, the fishing won the professional tug of war and he settled back into his hometown of Portland, Oregon with his wife and family where he runs New Water Media. Jeff’s writing and photography is published in The Drake, Fly Rod and Reel, Grays Sporting Journal, Salmon Trout Steelheader, Salmon and Steelhead Journal.