Wet Fly Magic
Fly Fisher, Guide, Fly Tier★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Dave Allbaugh, a professional guide in Pennsylvania, has spent the last 30 years both on the stream and at his vise perfecting his wet fly fishing techniques and flies. His methods are effective throughout the year and he takes great pride in teaching his clients this lost art of fly fishing. Join us and learn Dave’s secrets to wet fly fishing.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- Are wet flies the same as nymphs and soft hackle flies?
- What are flymphs?
- What materials do you use for bodies and hackle?
- What size do you tie your wet flies?
- What flies do you start out with in April and May in PA?
- What is your favorite "go to" wet fly when there is no hatch in progress?
- What variations of flies do you use when searching?
- What are some of your favorite classic wet fly patterns?
- What weight type of rod do you use for wet fly fishing?
- What lines work best for wet fly fishing?
- What is your leader and tippet setup?
- How do you rig up a multi-fly setup?
- How do you present your flies for the best results?
- Is upstream or downstream presentations more effective?
- Do you add any action/movement to your flies?
Learn more about Dave Allbaugh...