Tying Streamers: Tips and Techniques
Fly Fisher/Fly Designer/Author★ ★ ★ ★
Charlie Craven is a master fly tier and has figured out the best fly tying techniques for just about any challenge. His latest book Tying Streamers addresses the techniques used to tie both classic and modern streamer patterns. Charlie is always a great source for good tips on tying so join us to find out what he’s discovered about the best way to tie streamers.
Questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How do you make wooly buggers more durable?
- What is the best way to tie in a palmered hackle?
- Are articulated patterns more effective than non-articulated patterns?
- What are your favorite materials for tying streamers?
- What are the three most important triggers when tying streamers?
- Do you prefer streamers that are thick and dense or sparse and thin?
- How do you keep streamers from fouling?
- How do you choose a hook for your streamers?
- What are your considerations for choosing streamers for different water types?
Learn more about Charlie Craven...