Tailwaters of the Uncompahgre River
Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Guide★ ★ ★ ★
Matt McCannel, a professional guide, introduces us to the tailwaters of the Uncompahgre River (Paco). On the western slope of the Colorado Rockies, this tailwater yields incredible trophy browns and rainbow. Browns exceeding the 20-pound mark lurk in the shadows of boulders and stumps. Join us as Matt guides us down the river and shares his secrets to catching these monster fish.
Questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What's the best time of year to catch the trophy browns and rainbows?
- How do you find the trophy fish?
- What type of water do they inhabit?
- Do they attack streamers?
- What do they eat?
- What are the top three fly patterns that attract the big fish?
- Does Euro nymphing work for these fish?
- How accurate does your presentation have to be to get good takes?
Check out this video: Matt McCannel Sight Fishing Paco's Trophy Trout
Learn more about Matt McCannel...