Tactics for Bass, Panfish, Pike & Other Warmwater Species
Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tim Jacobs is a guide and FFI Certified Casting Instructor who fishes both the warm waters of the midwest and the cold waters of the Rocky Mountains. Tim will be sharing tactics including rigs, techniques and fly patterns that you can use to catch more bass. panfish, pike, and other warmwater species. Join us and learn Tim's secrets to warmwater fly fishing.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- Where do you do most of your warmwater fishing?
- What does a fly fisher need to know about lakes to be productive?
- Is it more productive to fly fishing from a boat?
- How do you dissect an unknown lake?
- What types of rods and lines do you need for warmwater fly fishing?
- Where should you look for largemouth bass?
- What is your primary method for finding fish?
- What types of flies do you use for largemouth bass?
- When fishing rivers for smallmouth bass, how do you work the water?
- What's your go-to fly for smallmouth bass?
- Where do the pike hold in the water column?
- How do you rig up your leader and shock tippet for pike?
- What are your favorite types of flies for pike?
- Where is the best place to find pike?
Learn more about Tim Jacobs...