Strategies & Techniques for Stillwaters
Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Author★ ★ ★ ★
Denny Rickards has been studying trout behavior in stillwaters for over 40 years. He's always learning new things about the aquatic life forms that trout eat and then develops strategies and techniques he can use to mimic their activity. Join us on this podcast to hear about Denny's latest new findings which will help you to catch more fish in stillwaters.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What is the best time of day to fish stillwaters?
- How do you change your tactics throughout the day?
- Will you have more success if you fish from a kick boat or float tube than from shore?
- Are depth finders useful?
- Do you use UV materials in your flies?
- What are the three most important design aspect of flies?
- What type of line do you use and what types of tips do you use?
- What development stage of insects gets more strikes larva, pupa or adults?
- What is the best way to fish pupa?
- How do you determine what depth the fish are at?
- What is the most productive depth for getting strikes?
- If a fish follows your fly will it strike on a follow-up cast?
Learn more about Denny Rickards...