Smallmouth Bass Top To Bottom
Jake Villwock★ ★ ★ ★
Jake Villwock is a professional guide working in Pennsylvania. He hooks up his clients everyday with big smallmouth bass. Listen in and learn about the flies he uses, how he ties them and how he uses them to catch trophy smallies.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- Do smallmouth prefer living in pods or are they a solitary fish?
- Do smallmouth hold in similar lies as trout?
- What is a good weight rod, line, leader and tippet for smallmouth?
- Why do you use swivels in your terminal tackle setup?
- If you could only have one surface fly and one streamer for smallies what would they be?
- What are the trigger colors for smallmouth flies?
- Do you use weed guards on your flies?
- What topwater flies do you use besides poppers?
- What color combinations work best for streamers?
- What crayfish patterns do you like?
- What color is a must have on your crayfish patterns?/li>
- How do you fish crayfish patterns on the bottom?
- When an how do you fish crayfish patterns mid-column?
- Do bigger flies attract larger fish?
Learn more about Jake Villwock...