Silver Creek – The Legend and Its Future
Fly Fisher, Writer, Conservationist
Matthew Miller is the director of science communications for The Nature Conservancy and has fished Silver Creek countless times. Silver Creek is well known for testing the skills of many an accomplished fly fisher so Matt’s tips for fishing it will be invaluable. Join us and learn about fishing this legendary fishery and what changes are taking place that may affect the future of this spring creek.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What was your first experience with Silver Creek?
- What makes it special for you?
- Can you give us a tour of Silver Creek?
- What species do you target?
- What's the best time of year to fish?
- Are there trophy fish to be caught in the creek?
- What is the best way to fish the creek?
- What hatches are common in this water?
- How important is it to match the hatch?
- Are the fish there really as picky as some people describe?
- The fishery is known for its dry fly fishing. Is nymphing also effective?
- What is the Nature Conservancy's history with Silver Creek?
- What does the future look like for Silver Creek?
Learn more about Matthew Miller...