Sight Fishing For Redfish
Fly Fisher, Fly Tier, Casting Instructor★ ★ ★ ★
Tom Dempsey is obsessed with fly fishing and has chased fish in 40 different countries. He still gets a thrill out of sight fishing for redfish in his home waters of Alabama and has become an expert at it. Join us and learn how Tom approaches, hooks up, and lands these exciting fish.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did you get started fly fishing for redfish?
- What makes fly fishing for redfish unique compared to other types of fishing?
- What are the best locations for redifsh?
- Where are the largest redfish found?
- What are the best times of year to fish for redfish?
- What are the ideal habitats?
- How do tides affect fishing?
- What weight rod and what type of line do you recommend?
- What are your "go-to" redfish fly patterns?
- What does a typical day of sight casting for redfish look like?
- How do you read the water in different environments?
- What is the best type of presentation to use for redfish?
- How much should you lead a fish?
- What are some common mistakes fly fishers make?
Learn more about Tom Dempsey...