Pacific Coast Flies & Fly Fishing
Fly Fisher, Fly Tyer, Writer, Editor
The Pacific Coast offers fly fishers a wealth of angling opportunities from Alaska to the tip of Baja California. Scott Sadil's recent book Pacific Coast Flies & Fly Fishing covers many of the proven flies to use for trout, salmon, steelhead, and both inshore and bluewater species and how to fish them. Join us to learn about some of these popular fly patterns, their use, and a bit of history about how they came to be.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did your latest book Pacific Coast Flies & Fly Fishing come about?
- Do you primarily "match the hatch"?
- Do you fish with whatever works?
- What makes "Bird's BWO Emerger" work?
- Why does the "Vanilla Bugger" attract fish?
- What does "My Favorite Terrestrial" imitate?
- How did the "Green Butt Muddler" come about?
- Does the "Miracle Fly" really work miracles on steelhead?
- How can you be more productive fishing the surf?
- When do you decide to use the "Bullador" in the salt?
- Where do you use "Squid Me" to get the best results?
- Is the "Trilobite" a good fly for surf perch?
Learn more about Scott Sadil...