On The Bow
Fly Fisher, Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Bill Horn has chased bonefish, tarpon and permit for over 40 years in the Florida Keys, Bahamas, Hawaii and Mexico. He's been "On the Bow" too many times to count. Join us to hear Bill share his experiences, the good, bad and ugly of chasing these trophy fish in the salt. You might just pick up a tip or two you can use next time you are on the bow.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- Are the bonefish coming back in Florida?
- Do you have more success fishing for bonefish from a boat?
- Where do you find the larger bonefish?
- Are bonefish bigger in the Bahamas?
- What flies work best for bonefish?
- Are bonefish, permit and tarpon easier or harder to catch now than in the past?
- How do you present your flies to permit?
- What's the best way to set the hook on a permit?
- Is Florida still a "go-to" location for tarpon?
- Where can you find the larger migrating tarpon?
- Is the juvenile tarpon fishery still great?
- What flies are working best for tarpon through the seasons?
- Looking to the future how do you see the health of the flats fisheries and their fish?
On The Bow
Learn more about Bill Horn...