Fly Fisher, Guide, Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Kip Vieth, a professional guide in Minnesota and winner of the 2017 Orvis Guide of the Year, loves fly fishing for Muskies. Muskies are finicky, to say the least. Known as the fish of ten thousand casts you can bet you'll have to work for yours. Kip will help us all learn more about Muskies including where they live, what they eat, what triggers them to bite, how to rig your terminal tackle for success, presentation strategies, and of course how to close the deal. Join us to learn Kip's secrets to success!
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- Are muskies really the fish of 10,000 casts?
- What are the strength and weaknesses of fly fishing versus conventional fishing?
- What makes a rod a good muskie fly rod?
- What type of line do you use and what is your terminal tackle setup?
- What are the advantages of articulated flies?
- Do you need high flies for muskies?
- How do the primary lies change for muskies from summer to fall?
- If you get a follow but no bite what changes do you make?
- Do the moon phases affect the musky bite?
- Is sight fishing an effective method for muskies?
- When is the best time of day to target muskies?
Learn more about Kip Vieth...