Mongolia - Genghis Khan’s Home Waters
Fly Fisher, Guide, Host, Instructor
Michael Caranci is one of fly fishing's most experienced and globally respected professionals. He manages the operations, guest services, and conservation programs for Fish Mongolia and Mongolia River Outfitters, the premier fly fishing guides and outfitters for fly fishing for taimen in Mongolia. Join us to learn what an adventure to Mongolia is all about and how you can catch the largest trout in the world – taimen as well as lenok, grayling, and pike.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What areas of Mongolia do you fish?
- What's the best time of year to fish?
- How long should you plan for your trip to Mongolia?
- How do you get to the rivers you fish?
- Can you describe how the rivers you fish differ?
- What are the accommodations like on the river?
- What weight rods do you need to bring?
- What are the average size of the taimen you catch?
- What fishing methods are the most productive for taimen?
- What is an average day of fishing like?
- What flies do you use for taimen?
- How do taiment fight?
- What are the chances that you will hook into a large taimen?
- Can you fish for trout, lenok, grayling and pike on the same trip?
Learn more about Michael Caranci...