Long Island's Fly Fishing Treasures
Fly Fisher, Fly Tier, Guide, Instructor★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Paul McCain guides out of his shop, River Bay Outfitters on Long Island. He fishes many types of water both fresh and salt and for many species of fish. Long Island has so much to offer it's difficult to know where to begin. Paul will guide us to some well known and not so well known places on Long Island and open your eyes to all that's possible. Join us and explore Long Island fly fishing.
Questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What are the prime areas for striped bass?
- Where can you fish the flats on Long Island?
- What is public access like for fishing the shoreline?
- Where do you find the larger striped bass?
- What are the four best flies for striped bass and bluefish?
- Where can you fish for trout and bass at the same time?
- What rivers are the best for trout fishing?
- What are kettle and mill ponds?
Learn more about Paul McCain...