Fly Tying Made Clear and Simple
Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Skip Morris is a full-time fly fishing author and speaker who has published 22 books and over 350 magazine articles on fly fishing and fly tying. Skip makes fly tying so simple anyone can do it. If you’re interested in fly tying but haven’t given it a try yet listen in and Skip will provide all the information you need to get started and to be successful.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did you get started tying flies?
- Is it more expensive to tie your own flies than to buy them?
- What tools do I absolutely need to get started tying flies?
- What should I look for in a good vise?
- What are the important features of a good bobbin?
- What are the basic materials needed to get started?
- What is the difference between the different brands of hooks?
- What is your go-to thread material?
- What sizes of thread should I get to begin with?
- What do the different grades of capes mean?
- Do you weight your flies or use other methods to get deeper?
- Do you think adding purple to a dry fly marks it fish better?
- What tips do you have for tying very small flies?
Learn more about Skip Morris...