Fly Fishing The Panama Canal & Pacific Coast Rivers
Fly Fisher, Guide, Naturalist
Rich Cahill, a professional guide, naturalist, and expedition leader, has pioneered fly fishing the Panama Canal Gatun Lake for peacock bass and snook, as well as Pacific coast tarpon on the Bayano River. This unique fishery is one of a kind and is changing and evolving as we speak. Join us to learn about this incredible place to fish and the conservation efforts Rich has been working on to conserve and preserve Pacific coast tarpon.
Learn about how the Panama Canal works here.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did you get started in ecotourism?
- When did you start offering guided fishing?
- How does the Panama Canal work?
- How does Gatun Lake interact with the Panama Canal?
- What fish do you target in Gatun Lake?
- How do you fish the lake?
- Can you fish for tarpon, peacock bass and snook on Gatun Lake on the same day?
- Do you sight fish or blind cast?
- Where is the Bayano River?
- What is the best way to fish for tarpon on the Bayano River?
- What flies do you use for tarpon?
- Where do you go to fish for bonefish and permit?
- How do you fish for bonefish and permit?
- What's the best way to experience the San Blas islands?
Learn more about Rich Cahill...