Fly Fishing Southern Belize
Charlie Leslie Sr.
Fly Fisher, Fly Tier, Guide★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Charles Leslie started guiding in Belize when he was 19 years old. He learned to fly fish from Lefty Kreh and over the past 50 years he's become a master of casting and fly presentation to permit, tarpon, bonefish and snook. Join us to learn Charlie's approach to fishing which is based on the tides, weather, migratory patterns and other conditions that ensure you have the best opportunity to land the fish of a lifetime. Learn more by visiting Charlie Leslie Fly Fishing.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What are the differences in fishing Southern versus Northern Belize?
- What are the best times of year to fish Southern Belize?
- Do you need to be a good caster to fish for permit, bonefish, tarpon and snook?
- What's the secret to casting in the wind?
- Where are the best places to fish for bonefish?
- How do you present your flies to bonefish?
- Where are the best places to fish for snook?
- What are the best flies for snook?
- Where do you find migrating tarpon?
- What is the best way to fish gummy minnows for tarpon?
- When fishing for permit do you wade the flats or fish from the boat?
- What should you consider when presenting your fly to a permit?
- What's the secret to getting a good hook set with a permit?
Learn more about Charlie Leslie Sr....