Flies That Catch Fish
Fly Fisher, Fly Tier, Product Designer★ ★ ★ ★
Enrico Puglisi’s flies and fly tying materials continue to have a groundbreaking impact on the future of saltwater and freshwater fly fishing. His unique hand-tied flies are recognized around the world. Listen in and learn how Enrico designs his flies and how he creates the one of a kind materials he uses to match specific baitfish and to catch fish.
Questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What inspired you to start creating specialized fly tying materials?
- What was the first material you created?
- How many different fibers do you have?
- What are your different fibers best used for?
- What's your best tip for making working with fibers easier?
- Why are Trigger Fibers so deadly?
- What material shouldn't you add to saltwater flies?
- What three types of threads do you use when tying your flies?
- Why did you create the line of brushes and what are they best used for?
- What is the biggest mistake most tiers make when tying saltwater patterns?
Learn more about Enrico Puglisi...