Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Tom, has worked in many capacities at Orvis from retail clerk to lead enthusiast and what’s always been true no matter what his position is that he’s a teacher. Tom has shared more about fly fishing than probably any other person in the sport. We are fortunate to have him again on the show to talk about finding trout. Join us on this show to learn about where to find trout in runs,. pocket water, riffles, and places you never thought to look.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did you start out on your fly fishing journey?
- How do trout feed?
- How far will a brown trout move in a typical day?
- What are the prime currents to fish?
- What cast do you use to avoid drag?
- What temperatures are optimal for feeding trout?
- How do you approach a new stream?
- When is the best time to fish riffles?
- What are the prime holding areas in runs?
- What type of hydro cusion to trout prefer?
- Where do fish hold in a pool or flat water?
- What is the best way to fish pocket water?
- When trout are not rising what tactics do you use to find fish?
- What matters most fly size, color or presentation?
Learn more about Tom Rosenbauer...