Essential Flies for Yellowstone
Fly Fisher/Guide/Fly Tier/Writer★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Paul Weamer is a professional fly tier and licensed fishing guide in Yellowstone National Park. He considers Yellowstone as his home waters and has spent many years fishing them. Join us to explore the essential flies you need and how to effectively fish them in Yellowstone’s streams, rivers and lakes.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What fish species are available in the park?
- What efforts ar being made to remove non-native species?
- How had the recent flooding affected the fisheries?
- Have you had any close encounters with grizzly bears?
- How does your experience from the Upper Delaware translate to waters you fish in Yellowstone?
- How do you arrange your fly boxes?
- What are your favorite fly tying materials?
- Is there still a place for traditional patterns like Humpies, H&L Variants and Wulffs?
- What are some of your favorite flies for spring?
- What are some tips for fishing Yellowstone Lake for cutthroats?
- What are your favorite flies for the summer?
- What flies work best for fall conditions?
- Do you use soft hackle flies?
- What is the best way to present your fly?
- Do you use beads to get your flies deeper?
Learn more about Paul Weamer...