Fly Fisher/Writer/Artist/Adventurer/Presenter★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jeff is well-known and well-traveled. He hosts fly fishing trips worldwide and is well known for his presentations at the fly fishing shows, and his incredible artwork. He constantly travels and develops techniques for catching the most exotic fish imaginable in places where even the most avid adventurer refuses to go. His quest to catch 500 different species on the fly continues. Join us as Jeff shares some of his adventures in his quest and find out if he’s getting close to meeting his goal.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- How did you first become interested in fly fishing and what inspired you to embark on this quest to catch as many different species as possible?
- Do you have a specific goal?
- What is your current count?
- Which fish has so far been the most fun to catch?
- Which has been the hardest to catch?
- What has been the most challenging journey you’ve had to take to get to a fish?
- Which fish do you think will be the most challenging to catch?
- Which fish are you the most excited to catch?
- Can you share some insights or techniques that you've developed to increase your success rate when targeting various species?
- What fish are next on your list?
- 10 years from now, what’s your prediction on how fly fishing will change?
- How has your pursuit of diverse species affected your perspective on fly fishing and its role as both a sport and a means of connecting with nature?
- What advice would you give to other fly fishers who are interested in pursuing a similar quest to catch as many different species as possible?
Learn more about Jeff Currier...
- St. Brandon's Atoll - Jeff Currier
- Fly Fishing Sudan - Jeff Currier
- Golden Dorado in Bolivia - Jeff Currier
- Lake Nassar's Nile Perch - Jeff Currier
- Fly Fishing for Mahseer in India - Jeff Currier
- Tigerfish in Tanzania - Jeff Currier
- Peacock Bass and Other Brazilian Treasures - Jeff Currier
- European Fly Fishing Techniques - Jeff Currier