A Lifetime of Fly Fishing for Steelhead
Fly Fisher, Guide, Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Trey Combs has been fly fishing, guiding and writing about steelhead for more than 50 years. He's an expert on this fish and has now written his fourth book on steelhead. Join us to learn about the history of steelhead fishing and all that he has learned about fishing for this extraordinary and challenging fish.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What inspired you to write your book Flies for Atlantic Salmon & Steelhead?
- What is your prediction for the health of steelhead runs?
- What is the cause of the devastation of steelhead runs on the Thompson River?
- What was the first steelhead fly?
- What do you consider to be the most versatile fly rod for steelhead?
- What is your recommended terminal tackle setup?
- What is your favorite steelhead fly to use in British Columbia?
- What is your favorite fly for low water?
- What caused you to start using more black flies?
- What is the most effective way to present your flies?
- How does your presentation change from spring to fall
- Why do you like to keep your fly broadside in the current?
- How do you use The Muddler for steelhead?
- What changes do you make to The Muddler so that it performs better?
Learn more about Trey Combs...