500 Trout Streams
Fly Fisher/Fly Tier/Author★ ★ ★ ★ ★
What happens when a man who’s fly fished for over fifty years, who’s graduated with a university degree in English, who’s published 19 print-and-paper books on fly-fishing topics with three publishers, decides to spend three years writing his first book of essays about his beloved sport? Can you imagine? Join us to learn how Skip came to write his latest book 500 Trout Streams and hear a few of his favorite stories.
Just a few of the questions asked and answered during the interview:
- What was the first writing you got published?
- Do you make notes about your fishing trips to use later in your writing?
- Do you have a writing routine, if so what is it?
- What prompted the writing of 500 Trout Streams?
- What kind of research do you do and how long do you spend researching?
- Is there still a market for long-form print pieces?
- Did you really fish 500 trout streams?
- What is your favorite book on fly fishing by another writer?
- What authors do you look to for their writing skills and style?
- Will you be writing more essays in the future?
Learn more about Skip Morris...